Welcome to the New Village Primary School website.
We hope that the summer term proves to be our best yet!
It presents us with opportunities to take our learning outside and add a physical element to learning which is so important to us as a school.
We are particularly looking forward to Sports Week where our pupils can experience a range of sports, take part in a sports day and celebrate with their team. We hope the weather is kind to us this year!
Mrs K McKechnie
OUR SCHOOL VISION
Together we will create a calm and welcoming learning environment and work together to secure success for all. We will strive to create a safe, caring, supportive and inclusive school in which we will focus on excellent progress within traditional core subjects whilst providing a rich and exciting curriculum.
We believe that our school should equip its pupils with the skills that society and the local community demand and so we will value the skills and learning that children need in order to look after themselves, their families, their health, their mental well-being and their bodies. We will strive to teach the whole child and create life-long learners and pro-active citizens.
All pupils will have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of physical and sporting activity, as part of the curriculum, as an extra-curricular activity and in competition with other schools. Through sport we will promote a love of physical activity, the spirit of fair play and the ability to be a team-player, a coach and a mentor.
We will encourage the development of individual flair, creativity, talent and personality and will always embrace differences and uniqueness. Our school will value a good sense of humour and celebrate the fun that can be had in learning and within our school.
OUR SCHOOL VALUES
Determination – Resilience – Tolerance – Cooperation – Creativity – Curiosity
OUR SCHOOL AIMS
- To raise the aspirations and life-expectations of each individual within our school so everyone strives for personal excellence in everything they do
- To provide outstanding learning and teaching which enables all pupils, regardless of gender, race, background or ability, to excel
- To help pupils and staff build on their strengths and overcome their weaknesses through development, mentoring and support
- To help pupils develop respect for others so that they can form tolerant and caring relationships and be sympathetic to the needs of other people, whoever they may be
- To provide pupils with a variety of experiences and the support they need to be healthy and active, to stay safe, to enjoy and achieve, to make a positive contribution and to achieve economic well-being
- To use the skills, knowledge, experience and talents of all staff to personalise the learning for each pupil
- To develop a culture of team work that promotes continuous improvement and the highest standards of achievement and conduct
- To be committed to providing a high quality programme of professional development and training.
Our mission statement, “What Challenges us, Changes us”