Our key values drive what we do, here at New Village. They are the values that we aspire to learn within and develop further:
. . . . . . . . . CREATIVITY AND CURIOSITY. . . . . . . DETERMINATION AND RESILIENCE. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . COOPERATION AND TOLERANCE. . . . . . .
We believe that:
- All children can learn. All staff and children are able to recognise the value of learning.
- All staff, working at New Village, will have consistently high expectations of children’s learning potential, attitudes and behaviour and take corporate responsibility for ensuring these in, and around, school.
- Learning takes place in all areas of our school and through the entire learning day – inside and outside of the classroom.
- Children should be taught how to learn; learning how to be an outstanding learner is paramount to the ethos, aims and dynamics of New Village School.
- All staff will value every child’s contribution to the school and strive to create a learning environment that brings out the full potential in all.
- Learning at New Village will produce and enhance a learning skills-set that will be lifelong; we will actively promote this for every child and for all staff.
- A school should provide all the skills needed to be a contributing and effective global citizen
Our school prayer
This is our school and we are a family,
Together, we learn, work hard and achieve.
We come together to share one another’s successes
We are creative; we dare to dream, imagine and be curious,
But most of all we are determined to succeed and achieve.
For we know, what challenges us, changes us.